Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 25: Promenade de la Journée

Today, because the light was clear and sharp, I bundled up and went up the hill to the Lac St Ferreol, about 5 km from our village of Soreze. All sorts of people were out -- families with children, couples with dogs, young girls, fishermen, older folks...enjoying the sunny, crisp day. I walked half way around the lake.

Take the walk with me...




As seen in the pictures, I stopped midway at the cafe near the Musée du Canal du Midi. The restaurant building is cantilevered out over the path that leads to the garrigole -- a giant nozzle, fed by the water rushing downhill to the canal, which shoots water high in the air. It is a beautiful spot to sit for a moment over a chocolat chaud avec chantilly.

Bon reve,
N2

Words and pictures by Nancy Norton for her blog n2notesfromabroad. Copyright 2009-2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again N2 you show what a good eye can do , , felicitations (that means congrats in French) on yet another perambulation promotion!

Anonymous said...

a second comment from me as I have never been 'anonymous' hopefully! I empathise with these pictures as they remind me so much of Edvard Munch (who? - some Norwegian painter - dead now of course!) who also enjoyed painting trees and water and views between the boles of fir trees - 'The Voice'a particular painting is called (see in my FB photos History of Art) which just IS so Lac St. Fereol . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...