Thursday, August 27, 2009

WillBe Writers Camp



Just back from the northlands of Washington state and from ten days of writing, reading, listening at the Whidbey Writers Workshop. I had the working camera, so I promised my traveling companion LC that I would post some pictures starting today.

Strait of Juan de Fuca

One evening after dinner at the workshop, LC, CW and I walked up to the lighthouse at Camp Casey and along the bluff looking out onto the strait just before dusk. Wikipedia tells us: "The Strait of Juan de Fuca is a large body of water about 95 miles (153 km) long forming the principal outlet for the Georgia Strait and Puget Sound, connecting both to the Pacific Ocean. It provides part of the international boundary between the United States and Canada." Here's a map to put it into context.


With the wide blue waterscape spread out before us, it seemed like we were walking along the edge of the world.




It has been a long summer vacation from ye blogge. I will try to fill you in with pictures over the next week or so.

Bisous,
N2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...